Cancellation Policy with Terms & Conditions
We recommend that you take note of the cancellation policy below and take out Travel Insurance to cover yourself for any unseen circumstances. The AA provide this even if you are not a member and you can get a quote from their website at www.aa.co.nz/insurance/travel-insurance.
If you have any questions about these Terms & Conditions send me an email email@example.com or ring us at ++64 3 768 6649
Payment Policy: Your Booking is not considered as FIRM until payment has been received by us and we have notified you in writing that your Booking has been confirmed. Note that we do not accept Bookings without full payment.
This website uses a Hosted Payment Gateway provided by Payment Express for secure payment processing and no customer card data is seen by the website. More information about Payment Express security policy can be found by following this link http://www.paymentexpress.com/About/About_DPS/Privacy_Policy
* All prices are in New Zealand Dollars and include Government Service Tax.
* Prices can change without notice up until the time we have confirmed a date with you AND you have paid in full.
* If you pay by credit card and live outside New Zealand the price advertised might not be the same price charged to the credit card account due to exchange rate fluctuations. This means that because we are based in New Zealand we have to convert your purchase to New Zealand Dollars at the exchange rate on the day it is processed.
* If you pay by credit card the bank processing fee for the transaction will be added to the transaction cost.
How can you pay?
*By Internet Banking to our bank account. When it's time to pay we will provide this to you.
*By credit card. There will be an additional 3% convenience surcharge for processing costs when paying by credit card. This amount may vary from time to time as processing costs are are determined by others and we do not have control over them. The exact amount of the convenience surcharge will be shown at time of purchase.
* Cancellations for any reason outside of 60 days prior to your booked date will result in a 90% refund.
* Cancellations for any reason between 60 and 30 days prior to your booked date will receive a 50% refund.
* Cancellations for any reason inside of 30 days prior to your booked date will not receive any refund.
* If you do not turn up for any reason you will not receive any refund.
These are because organising a cycle trail package or enabling you to make the correct DIY bookings has a lot of costs once you make a booking. When suppliers agree to take your booking they commit rooms, staff and or equipment to you and it is often not possible to sell this to others if you cancel or do not turn up. The suppliers may often have turned down others who want the dates you have booked so they lose this business. Most people who get disappointed by their cycle trail are the ones who book and then do not come and then do not get a refund! We recommend that you take out travel insurance to cover you for this risk
Change of Date:
Once you have made your payment: if you need to change your departure date but are keeping all other aspects of your booking the same
* If you notify us outside of 60 days from your departure date we will transfer your payments to the new date and charge a $100 date transfer fee.
* If you notify us between 60 & 30 days from your departure date we will transfer 75% of your payments to the new date and you forfeit the balance.
* If you notify us inside of 30 days from your departure date we will transfer 50% of your payments to the new date and you forfeit the balance.
Changing your tour:
Once you have made your payment: if you want to reduce any element of your tour this is regarded as cancelling the tour and changing to a new tour.
* Changes creating a reduction for any reason outside of 60 days prior to your booked date will receive a 100% refund of the changes less a $100 fee.
* Changes creating a reduction any reason between 60 and 30 days prior to your booked date will receive a 50% refund less the $100 change fee.
* Changes creating a reduction for any reason inside of 30 days prior to your booked date will not receive any refund.
The weather risk: Since cycling the trail is an outdoor activity it may be affected by the weather. If you decide that the weather is not suitable for you to ride the trail you do not get a refund. If you have purchased an organised “all in single price package” your Cycle Tour Operator may have included in your package the ability to do other activities on a wet day. If you have used this site to create your own DIY package you need to make a backup plan if the weather means you cannot ride. There are many things you can do on the West Coast if you decide not to ride on a particular day. If you need assistance with this contact this sites administrator on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 03 768 6649. There is likely to be an additional cost to do additional activities or shuttles due to inclement weather.
If you are organising your cycle ride on a DIY unsupported basis it is your responsibility to ensure you understand and have prepared for the risks associated with a trail ride. You are also responsible for ensuring that you have the suitable and reliable equipment. Please not that most of Day two of the trail does not have cell phone reception. We recommend that you take maps and ensure that you start your days ride early enough in the day to ensure you have sufficient time to have an enjoyable ride at a pace that suits your ability. This information is on this website.
We recommend that you take out travel insurance so that if you cannot go on your trip your insurance company will cover at least some of the cost which depends on the amount of premium you pay and the amount of risk you want the insurance company to cover. Please note that we do not cover this risk for people and we are not an insurance company. If you have to cancel for any reason we will not refund outside of the amounts listed in these terms and conditions of trade.
Your relationship with this website and the Cycle Trail Suppliers on it:
The West Coast Rail Trail website exists to enable you to identify, communicate with and purchase from people and businesses that can help you obtain an enjoyable cycle trail experience. When you make a payment via this website your funds are paid into a Trust Account and then disbursed to the provider. Your commercial relationship is with the supplier. Any differences or disputes about services you purchase should be made directly with the supplier that you made your purchase with.
Your Contribution to the Cycle Trail Maintenance and Development Fund:
We need to maintain the trail and continue to improve it. The use of this website by you is offered on the understanding that you pay a small contribution per day of trail use to help enable the Trail’s Administration Trust to do this. You’ll see the amount listed in the itemised price list that details your purchases.
While looking after or Shuttling your baggage and personal effects we will take reasonable care but they are, at all times, at your own risk. Any excess baggage charges are the responsibility of the passenger.
The Consumers Act 1993 implies a warranty that the services rendered by us will be rendered with due care and skill and nothing contained in these conditions is to be construed as in any way excluding, restricting or limiting that warranty or any other rights implied by law which may not be excluded, restricted or modified.
We and our associated organisation’s and their employees are not liable for:
• Any event beyond our or their control, including (but not limited to) war, disturbance, fire, flood, unusually severe weather, act of God, act of government or other authorities, accident or failure of machinery or equipment, or industrial action (whether or not including our employees):nor
• Any act or omission whatsoever (whether within or outside our / their control) in relation to any booking, contract, travel accommodation, excursion or other holiday services (including the carriage of baggage) which results in any direct, indirect or consequential loss, damage, death, injury, delay, liability, additional expenses or inconvenience. These exclusions are subject to any rights or remedies you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993. More information about your rights can be obtained at